Did you know that each printer has its compatible printer driver? You need to download printer driver so you can use your printer properly. The driver must compatible with the operating system too so it can work properly. If you download the wrong driver, your PC can’t detect it. However, there are some printers that use the drivers which already installed on the PC. Windows 7 is one of the operations systems that provide the driver for your printer.
If you use that operating system, you can just connect the printer to your PC and you can use the printer right away. But if you don’t use that operating system to your PC, then it means that you need to download and install the driver.
How to Download Printer Driver
Below are some steps to download printer driver as well as install the driver. But first, you need to connect your printer to your PC.
- You can use parallel port cable or a USB cable to connect your printer to your computer. Plug the cable into the power outlet. Modern PC right now use a USB cable that similar to its charger cable. If you use a network printer, you just have to make sure that a wireless network is connected to the printer.
- You can test the printer to know whether it is working or not.
- Go to the website that provides the printer driver.
- Make sure that the printer driver is compatible with both of your PC and printer.
- Download the driver and after that, you can install it right away.
- Double-click the printer driver and after that, there is a pop-up menu.
- Follow the instructions and you just need to wait for several minutes until the driver is installed.
Installing printer driver can be done automatically. The point is you just have to download printer driver that compatible with your PC and printer.